|Call Us: +44 (0) 1202 555711/733|
The Project Initiation Documentation combines information previously produced though the processes: ‘Starting up a Project’ and ‘Initiating a Project’ in a PRINCE2 environment. The Project Initiation Documentation aka ‘PID’ is a PRINCE2 term representing the go-to-guide to implement the project.
The Project Initiation Documentation is an assembly of other documents used as a baseline for the Project Board to authorize the project and monitor project progress. The Project Initiation Documentation is a large milestone in the Initiating a Project process and is the document that goes before the Project Board for sign-off to start producing products. You should have the document conveyed to all stake holders as an excellent communication vehicle.
The Project Initiation Documentation should contain the following:
• Project Definition,
• Project Approach,
• Business Case,
• Project Management Team Structure,
• Role Descriptions,
• Quality Management Strategy,
• Configuration Management Strategy,
• Risk Management Strategy,
• Communication Management Strategy,
• Project Plan,
• Project Controls,
• Tailoring of PRINCE2.
• Compiles all information needed to start and run the project on an informed basis.
• The Project Initiation Document is the who what and why part of the project as it defines all major aspects and forms the basis for its management and assessment for overall success.
• Provides a reference point throughout the project for both the customer and the Project Team.
If you would like more information on PRINCE2 or are interested in how PRINCE2 Training can be tailored for your company, view our PMF Lite case study or contact us.
We can help you Implement PRINCE2 in your company
Results will be posted on our blog soon.
Companies we have worked with
Privacy by SafeSubscribe SM
Copyright © CUPE Limited 2018 || | | |