|Call Us: +44 (0) 1202 555711/733
ITIL Release Management
ITIL Release and deployment management is used for IT services during build, test and delivery stages based on the customers specific service design.
The aim of release and indeed deployment management is to deploy releases into operation and establish effective use of the service in order to deliver value to the customer. Remember value is perceived by the customer and not the organisation. Release and deployment management ensures handover to service operations and includes suitable training and documentation exists to ensure on going support of the new service.
What are the objectives of Release and Deployment Management in ITIL?
The Release and Deployment objectives are:
- To create defined agreed release and deployment plans with stakeholders.
- To eensure that every single release package comprises a set of related service components & assets that are compatible.
- To ensure that integrity of a release package and its constituent components is maintained throughout the transition activities and recorded accurately in the configuration management system.
- To confirm that all release and deployment packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified, and/or uninstalled or backed out, if appropriate
- To confirm that change is managed during the release and deployment activities
- To record and manage any deviations, risks, issues related to the new or changed service, and then to take necessary corrective action
- To ensure that there is knowledge transfer to enable the customers and users to optimise their use of the service to support their business activities
- To ensure that skills and knowledge are transferred to operations and support staff to enable them to effectively and efficiently deliver, support and maintain the service, according to required warranties and service levels
Contact CUPE for more information
- Company Information: Registered Address: 25 St Thomas Street, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO23 9DD; Company Number: 2406272; VAT Number: GB 777 098084
- PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile® , ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP®, MoV®, P3M3® and RESILIA® are all registered trade marks of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.All rights reserved.
- The PRINCE2®, ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP®, MoV®, P3M3® and RESILIA® Accredited Training Organisation logos are all trademarks of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- The APMG International AgilePgM and Swirl Device logo, APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Better Business Cases and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Change Management and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Earned Value and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Facilitation and Swirl device logo and APMG International Managing Benefits and Swirl device logo are all trademarks of the APM Group limited, used under permission of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- AgilePgM® and AgilePM® are registered trademarks of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd. All rights reserved. Better Business Cases™ is a trademark of Her Majesty’s Treasury. All rights reserved. APMG International Change Management, APMG International Earned Value, APMG International Facilitation and APMG International Managing Benefits are all trademarks of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- The Praxis Framework™ is a trademark of Praxis Framework Ltd. All rights reserved.
- IACCM™ is a trademark of IACCM.
Powered by Intergage
Copyright © CUPE Limited 2018 |
| | | |