|Call Us: +44 (0) 1202 555711/733
Setting up a PMO
A PMO (Project Management Office) is a type of function within a company that aims to streamline and carry out strategies to assist the likelihood of successful projects. Through careful planning, a successful PMO should try to perform more tasks with the same amount of resources.
- Firstly, create a goal to see the long term effects of a successful PMO.
- Identify project inventory available for use.
- Hire internal resources or use existing staff to create the PMO, these should have experience before being selected. The amount of staff chosen should be targeted to fit the resources already held.
- Use existing managers to select and reject different projects and seek approval from company executives before retiring the original projects.
- Projects using the same resources should aim to stop and start at the same time to increase the efficiency and reduce overall costs.
- Finally, the PMO should assist Project Managers designing project plans and promote a streamlined, profitable business plan.
Tips on setting up a PMO
- Know what you are trying to achieve.
- Good communication is necessary between project managers.
- The project management office should report regularly of current status.
We can help you setting up your PMO
Try our Free PPM Assessment Tool
Companies we have worked with
Privacy by SafeSubscribe SM
- Company Information: Registered Address: 25 St Thomas Street, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO23 9DD; Company Number: 2406272; VAT Number: GB 777 098084
- PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile® , ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP®, MoV®, P3M3® and RESILIA® are all registered trade marks of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.All rights reserved.
- The PRINCE2®, ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP®, MoV®, P3M3® and RESILIA® Accredited Training Organisation logos are all trademarks of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- The APMG International AgilePgM and Swirl Device logo, APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Better Business Cases and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Change Management and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Earned Value and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Facilitation and Swirl device logo and APMG International Managing Benefits and Swirl device logo are all trademarks of the APM Group limited, used under permission of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- AgilePgM® and AgilePM® are registered trademarks of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd. All rights reserved. Better Business Cases™ is a trademark of Her Majesty’s Treasury. All rights reserved. APMG International Change Management, APMG International Earned Value, APMG International Facilitation and APMG International Managing Benefits are all trademarks of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- The Praxis Framework™ is a trademark of Praxis Framework Ltd. All rights reserved.
- IACCM™ is a trademark of IACCM.
Powered by Intergage
Copyright © CUPE Limited 2018 |
| | | |