|Call Us: +44 (0) 1202 555711/733
Earned Value Analysis
Earned value analysis is a method of performance measurement; it can also determine if projects offer value for money and assess whether a project is successful and efficient by evaluating how the money has been spent and how much work has been done up to that point.
Earned Value Analysis is a useful tool for measuring performance based on what the project has accomplished so far; it helps managers recognise the risk areas and make the right changes before the project gets to a point where it has failed and there is no way back.
How is an Earned Value Calculation made?
Here is an Earned Value example based on our spreadsheet formula:
For a project, the Project Labour Costs are £100 and the Project Resource Costs are £150, which means the Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled is £250. The Percentage of Work Completed is 10%, and by dividing the Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled by 10%, that means the Earned Value is 25. Then, by dividing the Actual Cost of Work Scheduled by the Earned Value, you will find that the Cost Performance Index is 200.
You can use this easy calculation formula for your own projects - it is free to use and available to download here.
Find out more about our EVM Pages:
EVM Distance Learning
EVM Public Courses
EVM In-house Training
Download our Consultancy Brochure
- Company Information: Registered Address: 25 St Thomas Street, Winchester, Hampshire, England, SO23 9DD; Company Number: 2406272; VAT Number: GB 777 098084
- PRINCE2®, PRINCE2 Agile® , ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP®, MoV®, P3M3® and RESILIA® are all registered trade marks of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited.All rights reserved.
- The PRINCE2®, ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, P3O®, MSP®, MoV®, P3M3® and RESILIA® Accredited Training Organisation logos are all trademarks of AXELOS limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- The APMG International AgilePgM and Swirl Device logo, APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Better Business Cases and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Change Management and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Earned Value and Swirl Device logo, APMG International Facilitation and Swirl device logo and APMG International Managing Benefits and Swirl device logo are all trademarks of the APM Group limited, used under permission of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- AgilePgM® and AgilePM® are registered trademarks of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd. All rights reserved. Better Business Cases™ is a trademark of Her Majesty’s Treasury. All rights reserved. APMG International Change Management, APMG International Earned Value, APMG International Facilitation and APMG International Managing Benefits are all trademarks of the APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- The Praxis Framework™ is a trademark of Praxis Framework Ltd. All rights reserved.
- IACCM™ is a trademark of IACCM.
Powered by Intergage
Copyright © CUPE Limited 2018 |
| | | |